Our research connects up-to-date research with real world decision-making processes in climate finance and sustainability finance and policy in order to enable increased ambition in acting against climate change and contribute to finding sustainable and equitable solutions. Our mission is to support the academic community, governments, businesses and financial decision-makers from the public and private sector to drive economic growth while addressing climate change and sustainability research.
Our team has extensive experience in the areas of economics, international climate and sustainable finance and policy. This expertise covers a broad range of areas from sector and country-specific in-depth insights to international climate policies. We seek to enhance and foster knowledge sharing and exchange with other research facilities and individuals around the globe.
The FS-UNEP Centre’s research covers challenges surrounding finance in the light of the climate crisis. Research areas include:
- Role of financial markets for low-carbon and climate-resilient investments;
- Impacts of policies and incentives on a macro level on investors’ financing decisions;
- Energy and climate policy in emerging and developing countries;
- National determined contribution (NDCs) implementation
- Interaction between policy instruments and their resilience to external shocks; and
- Sustainable finance and scenario analysis for financial decision making.
We apply research-oriented, robust approaches, reflecting to on-the-ground realities.
Our research activities are linked with the actual project implementation. This allows our research team to provide facts-based analysis and practical guidance not only relevant for academia but also public and private decision-makers.