The bilingual NDC Financing Fellowship Programme (NDC-FFP)
Description of the Project
Nationally determined contributions (NDCs) were key to adopting the 2015 Paris Agreement and will be central to its implementation. NDCs embody each country’s efforts to address climate change. While support from the international community has addressed some gaps, capacities need to be build up in many countries to make better informed decisions about planning, prioritization, allocation of climate change resources, and measuring and evaluating progress.
NDC-FFP, funded by Canada’s International Development Research Centre (IDRC), supports, promotes and trains exceptional individuals from policy and research who are interested in further:
• Enhancing knowledge and skills on financing NDCs,
• Build leadership in NDC finance,
• Contributing to online seminars, blogs, publications, reports and journal articles,
• Discussions, network opportunities and access to international professional networks of peers and leaders in climate change and finance.
• Promote dialogue and peer learning among researchers and policymakers on best practices on NDC financing
Fellows are offered on-site and online training, online seminars, workshops, and events in Frankfurt (Germany) and Nairobi (Kenya). The programme aims to empower the participants to learn about different ways to finance commitments mentioned in the submitted NDCs, to meet and exchange with other fellows and exchange with policy experts and researchers working in the field of NDC finance.
For more information regarding the Fellowship please click here: here